Technology plays a part in many aspects of our lives. We use personal devices for work purposes, like email on a smartphone. We use work devices for personal tasks as well. In a world of social distancing we rely on technology to stay connected and productive. Being a user of technology means you have a “digital life.”
What technology you use isn’t important, but knowing how you and your family can use it safely is critical. That is why Ohio State offers something different: The Cybersecurity 4 You (C4U) security awareness platform. Unlike the previous, hour-long video training, this platform isn’t offered to simply comply with a requirement. Instead, it is designed to deliver cybersecurity awareness on topics that help you stay secure beyond your role here on campus.
How to Enroll in Security Awareness Training
- Go to c4u.osu.edu. (if prompted, login with your name.# and password).
- Browse short, high-quality activities – articles, videos and podcasts – offering tricks and techniques that allow you to take immediate action. You choose what topics interest you.
- As you LEARN, you’ll EARN points that you can exchange for exclusive Ohio State merchandise, tech gifts or security tools. No need to save your points; a reward is offered for each level you achieve!
- Access the platform from devices you own, including smart phones and tablets.
- Come back often for fresh and relevant content so you can level-up and get the best rewards.
For the university’s Institutional Risk Management Program (IRMP), user-related risk is important. We must ensure all users of university systems and everyone who accesses data is equipped with the skills that will protect those valuable assets.
To comply with the IRMP (IT16) requirement, be sure to reach Level 1 in the platform. Your achievement will be logged in BuckeyeLearn reporting to ensure your compliance is recorded.
For technical support, please contact the IT Service Desk online or at (614) 688-HELP (4357).