Welcome to the new Cybersecurity site
Welcome to our new Cybersecurity.osu.edu website! This site has been made for you and for the university, with the goal of quickly providing you the security information you need for your job and life. Some great features of our new site are:
- Simplified Navigation: Content is easily accessible; just go to the section that you’re interested in and link to the content.
- Tips for Life Beyond Ohio State: Cybersecurity for You provides information about cybercrime and ways you can protect yourself. We want to help you keep your information and devices secure even when you're not at school or work. Browse a wide variety of topics on developing safe habits, protecting your personal devices, protecting your identity, passwords and authentication, using the right tools and avoiding threats. You may be particularly interested in our End-to-End Asset Management Page, which walks you through all the steps you should take from the time you get a new computer and internet connection to the day you are ready to disconnect that computer and get rid of it. Following these steps will make you a much more difficult target!
- One-Stop Shop: Cybersecurity for Ohio State is a one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about security at Ohio State. It covers internal policies and compliance, external policies and compliance, the cloud assessment registry, information security groups, training and international travel.
- Who Does What: Under the “About” section, we take a deep dive into the Enterprise Security teams and the services they offer, making it quick and easy for you to get connected to the right person, service or team.
- Cybersecurity Terms: Does it seem like there's always a new cybersecurity “thing” with an odd name that ends up on the news? We’ve noticed that too. Our Cyber Dictionary page will be updated to help you (and us) keep track of it all.
Lastly, if you have any feedback or questions we’d love to hear from you, you can reach out to us via our Feedback Form. Tell us what you like about the site and what could be better.
As always, the Enterprise Security team is available to give you advice when you have questions or problems with your devices. Contact us if you need advice:
... about a Phishing email
If you receive suspected phishing e-mail, please report it to email@example.com. If in doubt to the legitimacy of an e-mail, before taking any action, please contact your local IT support or the IT Service Desk at 614-688-HELP (4357) (TDD: 614-688-8743) for verification and advice.
... about spam email
If you are receiving spam emails that originate within the OSU email system, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
... about stopping online harassment
If you are the victim of series online harassment that you have been unable to stop, forward examples of the harassment to email@example.com and a representative will contact you to review options for dealing with the situation. If you are receiving harassing messages that you feel threaten your personal safety, before you do anything else, contact the Ohio State University Police. Call 911 for emergencies and 292-2121 for non-emergency situations.
... with a Security Incident
Individuals wishing to report actual or potential data breaches can either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or can call 8-5650 (on-campus) or (614) 688-5650 (off-campus).