Coming Soon: A New Approach to Cybersecurity Awareness
Make Protecting Your Digital Life a New Family Tradition
Most of us have been completing cybersecurity for the past several years. Starting Monday, October 28, you will have new choices -- choose what you learn and how you learn it. Even if you don’t use much technology yourself, the stores where you shop, where you work and go to school and every site you visit online are collecting and storing information about you and your family. It’s important to learn how to keep your digital data safe, and we’re here to help.
Top 5 List: What’s New?
- As you LEARN you’ll EARN points that can be exchanged for exclusive Ohio State merchandise, tech gifts or security tools to help you protect you and your family
- The platform focuses on cybersecurity awareness topics that help you beyond your role here on campus. Gain cybersecurity knowledge that can help keep you and your family safer.
- We collected feedback from the university community to create the platform, so it addresses the most common questions about technology and the impact of cybersecurity. All the activities offer actionable techniques to protect your digital life.
- You can complete activities on the go from your mobile devices. Engage in short, high-quality activities, including articles, videos and podcasts. If you prefer to use your laptop or desktop computer that’s still an option.
- Cybersecurity is changing all the time, and so will our content. Return to the platform every few months to see new content that is added quarterly. Once you complete the training required for your role, you can continue to build your knowledge and learn new ways to keep your digital life safer.
C4U: Watch for Updates
You can use the Cybersecurity 4 You awareness platform, to fulfill your cybersecurity awareness obligations with the university, but that isn’t its primary purpose. Check content on an ongoing basis to see what topics have been added that are of interest to you and your family.
In the next few weeks, we’ll invite you to take a few minutes to try out the platform. Like the Securing the Human training that you have completed in the past, C4U will record the levels you’ve completed in BuckeyeLearn and apply the time to fulfill your security training obligation. If you prefer the traditional 60 minutes of video-based learning option, we will still offer online security awareness training modules from Cofense that are similar to last year’s training, but be aware that our rewards are exclusive to C4U. Search BuckeyeLearn for the new module Security Awareness Training 2019-2020.
Technology is always evolving. The content and platform will evolve as well, giving you new ways to learn and new ways to earn. Join us as we build a more secure culture here at Ohio State.